It is such an honor to be asked to officiate a friend’s ceremony. As exciting as it is, it can also be very scary when you are unsure of where to start – this is a huge responsibility! I would be happy to guide you through the process so that you that you are “wedding-ready” and fully prepared to perform a beautiful, heartfelt ceremony as you share the altar with the couple you are about to unite in marriage.
The fee includes the following:
• Let’s get you ordained first! I will provide information on how to become ordained (believe it or not, it’s free and VERY easy!).
• An informational email will be provided with details to guide the couple on how and where to obtain their marriage license.
• As their Wedding Officiant, you will need to know how to complete their marriage license and prepare it for filing. I will explain this in detail and provide samples to follow.
• Your couple will receive a questionnaire that includes sample vows, readings and unity tradition ideas. Their responses will guide me on how to write a very personal and heartfelt ceremony (which they can revise accordingly),
• You will be provided with the logistics and protocols required at the altar on wedding day so that you are fully prepared and professionally ready to unite this couple in marriage.
• Wardrobe recommendations will be provided to be fashionably appropriate (please leave white and prints out of your fashion choices!). Wear attire that will be comfortable and appropriate as you prepare for the unexpected (i.e. heat/perspiration, bugs, inclement weather, cooler temperatures, etc).
• After the wedding, helpful tips are provided to the Bride to assist her in changing her last name.
In total, this includes about 4 hours of instruction (phone and email), informational emails, sample material and ceremony writing. The end result – a very emotional, beautifully written custom ceremony that typically runs 15 – 20 minutes. Let’s get you ready for the altar!